Welcome to St. Aidan's Chapel
St. Aidan's Chapel is open for twelve Sundays each summer, from late June to early September.
St. Aidan's, an Episcopal summer chapel, is home to a devoted and vibrant community that welcomes warmly persons of all faiths to our services. For many people, St. Aidan’s is the alternative to their home church, to others, it is their only house of worship. Often churchgoers attend services while visiting family and friends on vacation. Celebrating Christ’s love and teachings in a charming and historic summer setting is only part of what makes St. Aidan's so unique.
Services are held from late June through early September.
We invite you and your family to worship with us this summer, including children of all ages. From listening to and praying with our accomplished and devout summer chaplains, to our commitment to bring God’s blessings to those in need in the Greater New Bedford area, St. Aidan’s is a joyful and nourishing experience.
We are inclusive to all, just as we believe God is inclusive to all. Please join us. Everyone is welcome!
- Notice for Sunday July 25: The current forecast for Sunday morning is rainy weather. Therefore, the 9am worship service will be held inside the chapel! Mask wearing will be required for all (masks available at the Chapel.) If the weather forecast improves, we will hold the service outside.
- A fond farewell to Rev. Mike Dangelo, Faye and Suzannah as their service at St. Aidan's came to a close last week. .Welcome Rev. Noah and family on July 25!
- Grace Church New Bedford asks our help for donations of canned goods and household paper products. A large plastic blue tub is placed near the front door of St. Aidan's in the portico. Please leave your donations in the tub at any time. Thank you!
- Blessing of the Animals will be held on Sunday August 8 at the 9:00 worship service!
- Remember to check the Announcements section for the latest information about St. Aidan's activities!
Visiting Clergy Summer 2021
The Rev. Michael B. Dangelo
Vicar of St. Aidan’s
Schedule: June 27; July 4; July 11; July 18
The Rev. Noah Van Niel
Schedule: July 25; August 1
The Rev. Kit Lonergan
Schedule: August 8; August 15
The Rev. Canon Arlette D. Benoit Joseph
Schedule: August 22; August 29
The Rev. Dr. Maribeth Conroy
September 5; September 12
From The News
Perfect weather, stunning hydrangeas in full bloom, and worshippers of all ages enjoyed being together July 11 on the Chapel lawn. Led by our Vicar, The Rev. Mike Dangelo, the spiritual harmony of lessons and psalms, holy communion, and a christening rite, made for a special morning at St. Aidan’s. John Brooks Reece was baptized…
An enthusiastic group of worshipers gathered on the Chapel lawn for the first service of the season. The Rev. Mike Dangelo presided over the Holy Communion service that included a joyful baptism as well. The outside setting was relaxed, maskless, and beautiful followed by an hour of fellowship. Come join us for worship every Sunday…
Dear Friends of St. Aidan’s, We are anxiously anticipating the Chapel’s opening for our 104th season! Our first worship service is scheduled to take place on June 27th and I hope to see many of you in attendance throughout the summer. We have modified our worship service protocol from last summer to better align with…
Our friends at Grace Episcopal Church, New Bedford are seeking donations to Martha’s Pantry, a vital source of food for members of the community. Each week, Martha’s Pantry at Grace distributes food items including fresh produce and breads. The goal is to provide three meals per day, for three days, for each household member. Each…
Steve Hatfield, Chair of the Standing Committee, announced the appointment of Rev. Mike Dangelo as the new Vicar of St. Aidan’s, succeeding Rev. Maribeth Conroy. He has served St. Aidan’s with grace, intelligence, generosity and enthusiasm since 2009. We welcome his experience and continued leadership going forward. Mike commented recently on his appointment: Being the…
Serving St Aidan’s for seventeen years is a deeply meaningful professional and spiritual experience for Rev. Maribeth Conroy. This September will be her remaining opportunity to lead services, preach, and occupy the vicarage on Smith Neck Road as a visiting priest. Going forward, Maribeth has decided to make room in her busy calendar for other…